A flexible, accessible transport option to give independence to people with mobility difficulties.
A popular service – there may be a waiting list.
Scootability – Freedom to Get Around
* Borrow a Mobility Scooter to keep at your own home, usually for a few weeks at a time.
* For Waltham Forest residents only.
* Full training is given, so users are competent and have full confidence in their ability.
* We will visit your home to check it is suitable to safely store the scooter and charge its battery.
* We will advise if some small changes could mean you can keep the scooter at your home – e.g. portable ramps.
* We will bring the scooter to your home at the beginning of the loan period and collect it at the end.
* If your home is not suitable, you can still borrow our scooters to use in Walthamstow town centre during our opening hours
Choosing a Scooter
* We have a variety of mobility scooters, so we can usually find one suitable for you and your home, but we cannot guarantee that.
* You must agree to use the scooter only on pavements, except when crossing roads – we will advise you how to do this safely. There is a maximum 4mph speed limit for scooters on pavements.
We could not provide the Scootability service without support from the London Borough of Waltham Forest and Transport for London.